Saturday, September 8, 2018

[Tibet]: Day 7 or 8 - Trugo Gompa live notes

Days are indeed flying. I've lost track. I'm dull this morning. Sort of bored? Yday was very interesting. Morning I did kriya by the lake. Water lapping slowly...a dog (mountain dog) came before I started. I told it to go away and allow me to do. I ate well - porridge, apple, bread, granola, coffee. People talking, talking. The vastness of Manasarovar is surreal. She told me how everything melted and settled as a lake. A lot has happened since. Many creatures have roamed these lands. I was here before. A shooting star went by in the wee hours of the morning as I sat there - I asked for peace to accept me as I am and to just be. Amy had given me that peace circle...it's in the green bag. It rained as soon as I finished. First slowly, then fast fast. I couldn't find those black quick-dry undies. I also think I left that pyjama pants in that Chinese hotel in Saga.

There was a deeply spiritual experience...the green mushrooms, mycelium. Then there was those small white mushrooms...soft texture...brain-like. The mind keeps going here and there. All the time. We kid ourselves to find what we seek here and there. Our cave is inside. So many things keep happening here and there - all around...kabhi this...kabhi that. What's the point?

May be I'm sleepy. People kept getting up. Sleeping late. Snoring. Brahma time 3.30am. Slept in spurts...

Conversation with Nongchuk...

d has a very good intuitive sense...natural...almost after first day, she said this guy can't be trusted...it turned out that way...anyway...this was my conv with him...our tibetan guide.

Born in 1975. Parents and grandparents were farmers. He lived in Mysore for 10 years...said he studied...math, physics, chemistry...all the basic subjects. Chinese officials threaten his family (will harm them) if he communicates with people in India. His sister is in India...Dharamshala or northeast. They communicate by WeChat and he's always concerned about the photos she sends...in case there's some tibetan flag in the background. Has a 13 year old daughter...wants to tell her about Buddhism etc. but never talks to her about Dalai Lama...if by chance, she utters...then she'll be de-barred permanently from school and education.

Earlier the tibetans couldn't afford healthcare...now the Chinese govt...provides free insurance...maternity is covered. So they started having more children...it's always interesting to see the link between policy and social change. It's sometimes so practical. Imagine being that child...born...because your parents got insurance...

We talked about bride price. Some chinese can't afford - car, house etc. that they need to give in order to marry. So they get married to Tibetan girls. Otherwise the mixing is very limited. Tibetans don't feel comfortable around the Chinese. They seem very afraid and nervous around them. He said...the driver and he won't sit together to eat.

Something about Panchen Lama...was arrested when he was 6 years. I have to read...but something about a Lama who was forced to marry into Chinese...then they said they'd allow him to open or reopen monasteries...which he did. Some Tibetans regard him highly that he made that sacrifice.

So was interested in my conversation...stepped in. she seemed knowledgeable about the tibetan condition and talked about a few books. but I stepped out. she wrote and sent us this article later.

*

Nongchuk kept smoking every now and then. They are blessed with good lungs. Mountain lungs that can climb easily. He wasn't clear...open. He was doing his chanting etc. in Saga...I noticed. It seemed fine then. When I went to talk to Dorji in the kitchen tent...he was sitting with whiskey bottle...that's fine...but it was at the cost of being alert to client needs...which never existed. He said bye etc. Prash and mm went to greet bye. I saw from a distance...at that border. Seeing that I'll never see him again. I often think of this nowadays...most people I see, I'll never see again. Was telling ahan too the other day on way to school...why daddy, he said.

*
more random live notes...

When will I ? Silence. Wtf. People. heart. Gunshots. Kiang. What will they think? Conscious. Can you? Sausages. Swami. Climb. Whiskey. Nongchuk. Buddha. Angst. So much. Odd. Eyes open. Authentic. PS. Talking. Quiet. Rakshas Tal. Friend. Human. Neanderthal. Me. 

No comments: