Sunday, September 9, 2018

[Tibet]: Day 7 - Thubba Ri climb (Manasarovar)

Originally, we were to go on an afternoon climb...but some of us were quite energetic in the morning after bfast...and decided to go up the Thubba Ri...right behind Manasarovar.

That morning, I went to the lake...actually both mornings I did kriya there...I'd take a dump (the bathrooms were clean...men on left, women on right (first time that gaddam man said, jaayiye)...for the second last bathroom, the door kept opening so I had to hold onto the latch which was a twine...by my mouth...what fun...i always used water!)...it was peaceful and nice. The second day...because of rain...I ran back...I didn't like that running back...bad idea with the altitude...because we were still acclimatizing...there was that black mountain dog that barked at me...and I asked him to be quiet and go away...I got many visions from the Lake...could easily connect and go back in time...

d and I started together...i remember saying it's nice to walk again...hiatus of 3 years or so...but it just changed quickly...d and tamr disappeared in half hour...different paths...i went through the right side...i kept looking for may be an hour or hour and a half...and then i thot chalo abhi just be...it was nice after...because it was simply me, my body, my being...the land, the lake...

(it's saturday...after returning...am having this white wine, home-made fries with mcd ka peri-peri powder...very tasty happy...body quickly loses capacity to wine...ahan's gone for akshat's bday party in st andrews...suz just back btw some saloon things...life moves all around...chhaaj vs chaas discussion :))

I don't know when I lost track of time and space...but it happened. I was unto my own. Kept seeing back to see Manasarovar in the distance...vast...spectacular...the sun shining brightly...i was in the red sherpa thing (only thing i had)...at one point tilk took pic...he and g were behind...didn't know them that much then...except g and i bunked together once...

there was a river flowing...from top...on its own here and there...winding...possibly joining Manasarovar from somewhere...outside or inside the earth...the earth loved me...holding me...grounded...around the time when I saw the green mycelium and white...something about it...i connected...letting out aka chords to the region...to the lake...and asked tell me about yourself...and the visions came...me in an ancient past...beyond shiva, beyond mythology, beyond sapiens...as a man, as a mother, as a daughter and son...connected deeply to the land...many creatures have roamed here...and me among them...the glaciers melted and settled as a lake...the water rejuvenating they said (12 rivers?)...but rakshas taal doesn't get the sources...so it's salty but manasarovar is not...is it sweet I don't know...I washed up in the evening...

Up there...i found an alter...a stone held up by the ground...i felt that was the point...i went around it, prayed to it even...enjoyed the moments, felt at peace...after that went up further...turned back after 3 hours...tilk and g wanted to go further...and they did...met others on the way back...mayr, king, rich etc.

there was one bird/insect...when you use your tongue to touch your palate and make a tthrrrr tthrrrr sound...that flying friend made that sound...i asked what are you telling me...said, be light, be light...but i realized i wasn't light later...may be i forgot the bird...it was a small bird...small little bird that flew fast...

Rakshas taal was on left...they said Ravana prayed or did tapasya there...and therefore no one dips...mm said the next day...in the winter, he walked on it...went to the islands...that it houses...it was a wonderful moment...on top when i saw rakshas taal from thubba ri, on top on the way further to darchen when mm showed (swami p...someone who along with someone was stuck in the winter...they ate eggs of that migratory bird to survive...then they did...when they returned...the other person died...something like that...sven hedin has written in his notes of a gompa...mm went with a tibetan he found randomly to find that gompa...he did...he kept talking of many miracles he's experienced in the region...)...haan back to rakshas taal...also when we reached the bottom...mm wanted to go near take pics...the group went...it was very hot, sand, sunny...we took pics too...it was super comfortable...

where am I? Dd told me about kahani and katha...kahani has a clear beginning and end...katha we don't know when you branch off...when you don't...katha...he says some interesting things...he's coming for dosa tomorrow...waiting...

Back from Thubba Ri climb (I set myself a clock...3 hours up and then return...i took 1 hr...45min down so did d...she returned after 3 too independently)...met riche and others on the way...on returning I saw the lame way the operators were...dorji non-existent...i lost it on the other boys...that they hardly know what it means to serve trekkers...to go elsewhere and learn...later I realized they knew what to do...they just didn't want to do it...anyway after the scolding...the others got some hot water...food etc.

i think it was that day...anj gave soup packets...dorji stamped on one unintentionally...we had soup...they showed some attention after...but i think there was another tiff...he said 120 degrees mein doonga when I asked for giving it hot...i snapped back...why do you talk like that...then i went to the kitchen tent...spent the time with them...explaining one more time...they stepped up but not so much...it's because the operators were problematic...the group became closer...a common problem...there's always a blessing...

it has to be that day...we went to the shops within the gompa...the kid (they said other kids did too)...the kid he had his pant open at the bum...so when he pooped...he'd be done, washed and shut...meaning the pant had an opening by the bum...his mom and dad owned one of the shop...mom she didn't wash her mouth had food sticking all around it...i wondered why...she made eggs that had water flowing out...I bought 2.5kg jerry can...king bought 3 hats...all transactions in yuan...d ate egg...(I'm eating chillies mixed with sev and onions now!)...

No comments: